Ahern Insurance Brokerage (AIB) and the San Diego County Bar Association (SDCBA) have enjoyed a working relationship that dates back to 2004, when the agency became the Endorsed Insurance Broker for Professional Liability Insurance coverage with XL Insurance Company.
In an effort to continue providing SDCBA members with comprehensive and competitively priced insurance products, SDCBA has expanded the AIB endorsement to include the following lines of coverage:
- Workers? Compensation
- General Liability/Property
- Employment Practices Liability
Through our employee benefits division, AHERN|ELT Insurance Services, LLC, the following lines of coverage are available:
- Life and Retirement Plans
For more information on these lines of coverage, please contact Ed Lee at AHERN|ELT at firstname.lastname@example.org
San Diego County Bar Association Professional Liability Program
XL Insurance is considered one of the world?s leaders in Professional Liability Insurance coverage with consolidated assets of $54.8 billion and $9.3 billion in consolidated shareholders? equity. In addition XL (Admitted) is rated ?A? (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
Some highlights of this exclusive SDCBA program include:
- Up to $10,000,000 in Primary Limits
- Premium Discounts Available if the firm attends or has the following:
- Attending a SDCBA MCLE Seminar
- Full-time Legal Administrator
- Certified Legal Specialist
- $50,000 Defense Expense Outside the Limit of Liability
- Free Retirement and Disability ERP Options (subject to policy conditions)
- Payment of up to $35,000 per policy period for the Defense of Disciplinary Actions (does not erode policy limit)
- Deductible reduced by 50% (not to exceed $5,000) if the insured agrees to binding arbitration or mediation at carrier?s request
- Risk Management Program, for firms 1-10 in size, to include:
- Risk Management Hot-Line
- Quarterly Newsletters
For competitive rates and comprehensive coverage click here for our on-line application. Or contact Ellen M. Ahern at 800-282-9786 or email@example.com
San Diego County Bar Association Business Insurance
AIB provides Workers' Compensation and General Liability/Property coverage through The Hartford. Founded in 1810, The Hartford (Admitted) is one of the strongest and most established insurance companies in the country with a rating of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
As an SDCBA member, you are eligible to receive discounted rates on the Workers' Compensation policy through AIB. In addition, when combining this policy with the Business Insurance policy, SDCBA members will receive an additional 5% premium credit discount (minimum premium?s will apply).
Click here to complete our on-line application.
Ahern Insurance Brokerage - Employment Practices Liability Insurance
Ahern Insurance Brokerage (AHERN) now provides SDCBA members with Employment Practices Liability Insurance (wrongful termination, discrimination, and sexual harassment coverage) through Carolina Casualty Insurance Company, an Admitted carrier with a rating of "A+" (SUPERIOR) by A.M. Best.
- Proprietary coverage enhancements for SDCBA members
- SDCBA Premium discounts available
- $150,000 additional claims expense limit
- $250,000 defense sublimit for claims involving breach of contract disputes
- Favorable consent to settlement provisions
- Third party coverage included
- Risk Management Program to include the following:
- Risk Management website, MyHRHelp
- Employment Helpline
- Employment Law Updates Newletter
Additional Policy Enhancements:
- New Social Media coverage- included sublimit for defamation, libel and invasion of privacy against a third party resulting from the use of social media and expands definition of "wrongful act" to include workplace bullying
- Privacy Violation coverage – covers employers for liabilities they may incur in the event of a loss or theft of employee personal information.
- Employment Event Coverage – provides employers with a sublimit to cover the cost of hiring a public relations firm, security firm or mental health professionals to cope with the aftermath of layoffs, public allegations of harassment, or workplace disaster.
For more information on the Carolina EPL program, please contact Ellen M. Ahern at (858) 514-7103 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively click here to complete an online application